NYONE Cell Imager
NYONE® is a compact, fully automated cell imager, ideal for small to medium throughput labs. NyONE combines brightfield and optional fluorescence microscopy and provides the highest image quality. It is an ideal system for single cell cloning to confirm monoclonality, for fast cell imaging and cell counting with viability, and many other applications utilizing automated fluorescence microscopy.
- NYONE® runs on the same software platform as CELLAVISTA 4®, supporting the same applications.
- Performs automated, fast and non-invasive brightfield and fluorescence imaging with multi-parameter image analysis
- 3 or 4 fluorescence channels
- Runs a complete scan of a 96-well microplate at 10x magnification in 5-6 minutes
- Achieves high image quality using specifically designed optic and laser autofocus mechanisms
- Parallel image processing
- Intuitive software with comprehensive graphical output
- Supports microplates of the SBS standard plate formats (384, 96, 48, 24, 12, 6), dishes, T 25 flasks and microscope slides.
- Adherent and suspension cells
- Complete documentation of cellular growth
- Excellent well edge illumination of microplates
- Perfect image stitching
- Can be accompanied with Synentec’s SyBOT-800 automated system or linked to robotic systems from companies like Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman Coulter, PAA, or ThermoFisher.
NYONE® CLD High End
NYONE® CLD HIGH END is equipped with 3 different lenses, achieving resolutions down to 360 nm/pixel, 3-4 excitation sources (UV to RED) and up to 6 different emission filters. All operating procedures are fully automated and can be embedded into a completely automated environment. In combination with our versatile YT-software a wide range of cellular assays is feasible.
NYONE® SCIENTIFIC is a brand new model with a highly sensitive 16-bit sCMOS camera and high numeric aperture lenses for measuring wider ranges of signal intensities, higher dynamic range, and a better signal to background ratio.
NYONE® is a very versatile system that can be used for dozens of applications in cell line development, basic and translational research, and preclinical drug development.
The list of applications for NyONE include:
- Trypan Blue Cell Viability Assays - analyze 96 samples in less than 3 minutes with sample volumes as little as 20 µL
- Single Cell Cloning (SCC) and Fluorescence Activated Single Cell Cloning (FASCC) - for more information visit Synentec's website
- High-Throughput Cell Counting and Cell Proliferation Monitoring
- Monitoring Gene Transfection Efficiency
- Cell Confluence Monitoring
- Stem Cells, iPS Cell Characterization and Monitoring
- Cell Apoptosis (Annexin V, JC-1, caspases)
- DNA Damage
- Nuclei Staining
- Cell Cycle and Mitosis Analysis
- CD Marker Analyses
- Antibody and ADC Internalization Assays
- Viral Plaque Assay
- siRNA Detection
- Cell Migration and Wound Healing Assays
- Oxidative Stress (ROS)
- IgG and Glycan Quantification (in combination with PAIA plates)
- ImmunoCytoChemistry (ICC/IHC)
- 3D Culture Assays
For a complete list of applications and technical notes, please visit Synentec's website.
High-throughput trypan blue dye exclusion assay for measuring cell counts and viability
- a widely used technique to determine cell numbers and viability
- very fast cell counting- 96 samples in 3 minutes!!!
- small sample volumes, as low as 20 µL
- using standard 96-well or 96-well half-area microplates
- accurate and reproducible data
Trypan Blue Viability Assay
Single Cell Cloning - Proof Of Monoclonality
Single cell cloning (SCC) represents a crucial step in cell line development. The aim of SCC is to identify wells where a single cell was seeded and to monitor its growth rate. To prove monoclonality for regulatory approval, it is essential to have a robust and reliable imaging system. CELLAVISTA 4 and NYONE automated cell imagers are well established in the field of cell line development. They combine robustness and reliability with a high image resolution (below 1 micron per pixel) to determine the clonality of a cell line.
Single Cell Cloning (SCC) using brightfield imaging
Our systems scan the whole wells of a microplate in bright field at high resolution after seeding the cells.
- rapid cell cloning
- no area in the well is missed
- day-by-day automatable measurement
- all colonies are recognized by our software
- tracking back to the first day to demonstrate monoclonality
- works with both adherent and suspension cells
- automatic generation of a clone gallery
This provides a proof that your colony in fact grows from a single cell, or grows from a cell doublet.
Single Cell Cloning
FASCC (Fluorescence Activated Single Cell Cloning)
Ghost cells represent one of the main challenges in cell line development. Such undetected cells usually lie on the well edge. They are sometimes missed because most imaging systems for CLD are equipped with low resolution optics (2 microns per pixel), and only have a white light (brightfield) source.
This lack of resolution causes a lack of information within the image, and therefore it is hardly possible to distinguish cells from debris, or well edge artefacts. Because of this lack of precision, a correct statement about monoclonality is difficult.
Adding fluorescence enables the detection of these cells in a reliable way, even at the well edge! SYNENTEC has developed a unique method called FASCC to overcome all disadvantages of classic white light single cell cloning. FASCC provides a fully automated screening of your microplates by using the advantage of short term, non-toxic, and animal-free cell staining (e.g., CellTracker Green, Calcein AM). This unique tool presents a fast proof of monoclonality without guesses or doubts!
Fluorescence Activated Single Cell Cloning
PRECLINICAL DRUG TESTING
The development of new drugs and biopharmaceuticals requires a precise experimental implementation. All steps to reach this goal involve time-consuming and labor-intensive laboratory testing. The automation of this process increases the throughput and quality of data, minimizes technician’s errors, and significantly increases the productivity of the lab.
SYNENTEC actively supports your daily laboratory work with their fully automated high-throughput cell imagers. Applications such as cell counting with viability, proliferation studies that help to determine drug sensitivity and resistance profiles, cell cycle and apoptosis monitoring, cell toxicity and DNA damage analyses, 3D cell culture assays, and surface marker analysis are only a fraction of the applications in which SYNENTEC’s versatile imagers provide an extremely valuable service to drug testing laboratories.
Preclinical Drug Testing